House of Refuge is NOT an emergency shelter. If you are need of immediate shelter, please call the Family Housing Hub at 602-595-8700.
House of Refuge is a social service work program, providing case management services, employment support, and transitional housing.
To participate in our program, you must be working or able to gain employment within 45 days from move-in.
Participants are required to sign a lease and pay monthly rent based on 30% of the adjusted gross household income.
To be eligible for our transitional housing program, you must meet the following:
- Be deemed homeless, at risk of homelessness or fleeing domestic violence
- Be 18 years old or older
- Currently reside in Arizona
- Have at least one dependent child or be in third trimester of pregnancy
- Have some form of verifiable income
- Be drug and alcohol free and able to pass a drug test (urine)
- Not have been charged with or committed any sex offense
Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into our program.
If you would like to find out if our program has availability, please complete our inquiry form.